ACF 128 -PURCHASING AND PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT
Purchasing and procurement functions are about much more than bringing goods and services into an organization. They are the foundation of strong, collaborative relationships with suppliers. Since many companies’ source products from around the globe more frequently than ever, a procurement manager needs strong capabilities. These skills cannot just be learned on the job: they need to be taught. As well, the value of procurement is now recognized as an integral part of cost control within the organization.
In this course, you’ll learn the basics of procurement, including what a supply chain looks like, the purchasing cycle, essential tools and strategies for making the best purchasing relationships work, managing bids, and more.
- Describe what a supply chain is
- Describe their procurement department’s role within the organization
- Understand the principles of the purchasing cycle
- Apply the steps needed for managing a competitive bid process, from the request for proposals or qualifications through to negotiating the contract
- Identify what it takes to set up a competitive bid for a contract
- Defend their position on why a particular supplier should be selected based on an evaluation strategy
- Be responsible for managing supplier performance, including controlling quality and setting and monitoring standards
- Apply the tools of the procurement trade, from PC-based applications to cloud-based solutions
Detailed Outline is available upon request
How can we help you today?
Discuss your training needs with our training consultants
Call us on:
050 1335 818-20 / 050 424 9700 / 050 424 9800
Leave your details and we will get in touch
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form